If you have been juggling in realms such as Reiki, Pranic Healing, Yoga, Ayurveda, or Kundalini Awakening, you probably know that all these modalities revolve around auras and energies. Moreover, you cannot see it as such, or neither can you find their mention in text books or X-rays.
Practitioners of these modalities believe that, Prana or energy flows through the nadis of the body. There are three main nadis, the Ida, Sushumna, and Pingala. Sushumna being the central one. Moreover, you will also find a mention of chakras throughout the energetic body. The energetic anatomy is a realm, that is gaining a lot more attention, than it used to. Thus, you can very well understand, that the human body is a powerhouse of energy centres as well as pathways. You can utilize these to discover your creative genius. Furthermore, the energetic anatomy can be very mysterious at times. However, if you want to maximise the potential, you have to understand it in a better manner.
Let us delve into the main energy seats, which you can also know by the name, chakras.
Chakras – Seats Of Power
There are seven chakras that are located along the spine, and on the Sushumna nadi. These Chakras are nothing but the wheels of power, to be exact. Furthermore, they correlate to the physical, mental, and emotional features of all beings. They are a part of the yoga anatomy, too. You can find out more about these seats.
- Muladhara – This is the basal chakra, or the first chakra that lies at the base of the spine. It is mainly a grounding seat of power, that connects you to the earth. It is connected with the material world and relates to how you react and behave, in connection to money matters. The colour of the chakra is red. When this chakra is functioning properly, you feel safe and secure.
- Svadhishthana – It is the second chakra, that is located right below the navel or belly button. It is connected to the water element. It is located in the pelvic region. The chakra is mainly connected to the reproductive organs and it is orange in colour. You will feel that all your relationships are healthy, then it may be due to the fact that your Svadhishthana chakra or sacral chakra is working just fine, and does not have any blockage.
- Manipura – This is the third chakra, located at the navel. It is associated with the element fire. So, you will mainly find its implications on the digestive system. If you have a strong digestive fire, then it is probably due to the reason that your Manipura chakra is working fine. It also affects your intuition, confidence and esteem. The colour of the chakra is yellow, which defines calmness as well. If the chakra is balanced, you will feel that everything is positive.
- Anahata – The fourth chakra is associated with the heart region is an air element. It affects your emotional state. The colour is green. If your Anahata chakra is balanced, you can feel love all around you. Moreover, you have the power of compassion. You will be amazed to know, that Anahata chakra is the most influential chakra in the human body. It is also known as the seat of divine self. Symbolized by the 12-leaved lotus, it is the chakra that relates to positivity in relationships. When the chakra is imbalanced, you will feel grief and sadness around you. Moreover, you may also become very possessive and controlling. Suspicions can also enter the mind, in such cases.
- Vishuddha – The fifth chakra is connected with the spirit or ether. It is located in the throat region and is the body’s communication centre. The colour of the chakra is blue. If your throat chakra is balanced, you will be able to communicate freely. It is also the chakra of self-expression, wherein you are able to express yourself to the outer world. If the chakra is blocked due to any reason, you will be shy and unable to express your deepest desires. It helps you to speak the truth.
- Ajna – It is the sixth chakra, that is aligned along the Sushumna nadi. It is located between the brows in the region of the third eye. If your Ajna chakra is open, you can visualize, develop intuition, and also predict. It is mainly purple in colour and can connect you to the higher forces. It is also the centre of thoughtfulness and enlightenment. It helps you to develop a cosmic vision, on and above the material world. If it is activated, you can see the truth.
- Sahasrara – It is the last and final chakra, that is located above the head in the crown. You will also hear it being associated with the 1000-petalled lotus. The chakra radiates like the sun. Medha shakti resides in this chakra, which deeply influences the important brain functions. It has no special colour, as it is a combination of various colours. White light is believed to emanate from the chakra.
If you are a yoga practitioner, the end state of your 8-fold path will result in you becoming one with nature. It is the final stage’s representation, that connects and transfers you to the universe.
Now that you know about the energy seats, you also need to know about other anatomical process associated with them.
Other Aspects Of The Energetic Body
- Koshas – These are also an important part of the energetical anatomy. There are five koshas, or sheaths that surround the human body. The sheath of food, air, mind, casual intellect, and bliss.
- Vayu – It is mainly concerned with the flow of air, towards different bodily functions. Its reverse can have damaging effects on the body.
- Gunas – Rajas, Tamas, and Sattva are the three gunas, which also form an important subject in the study of yoga. Rajas is associated with royalty, Tamas with degeneration and sattva with balance and harmony.
- Mahabhutas – These are the five elements that make up all the creations, including humans. As you already read about the chakras, you must have noticed that each one is endowed with characteristics of the element or bhuta that governs it. The bhutas are earth, fire, water, spirit or ether and air.
Thus, you can very well understand the expanse of the energy sphere. If you want to know more about this realm, you have to ideally do a yoga course in India, or its related modalities like Pranic healing or Ayurveda.