Guide To Beautiful Hair and Nails Through Ayurveda
In simple terms, Ayurveda means the knowledge of life. And, it is a store house of knowledge, which you can know about, only when you delve into it with full force. Moreover, this alternative and traditional form of healing does its job, with the help of dietary inclusions and herbal treatments. The system of healing lays maximum stress on fresh fruits, vegetables, and water consumption. Apart from lifestyle changes, herbal beautification treatments, and practices, breathing also plays a huge role in this alternative healing science. You can also head to any Ayurveda Retreat in Rishikesh, to know about the healing qualities.
According to the Ayurvedic scriptures, hair and nails are a bi-product of the body’s bones metabolic process. Thus, you need to take extra care to nourish your bones. Alongside, you should ingest food which purifies the fat cells in your body. The reason being, that the health of the bones is dependent on the health and quantity of the fat reserves. If you want to flaunt healthy hair and nails throughout life, then you have to pay attention to your fat intake as well. Many times, you will find people popping calcium pills, to strengthen the bones. However, it will not yield results, if the fat cells are filled with toxins. If the fat cells have impurities within them, you are bound to have weak and brittle nails and hair.
Ayurveda and Hair Types
According to Ayurvedic perspective, there are different kinds of hair. Moreover, your hair may be a combination of two or three of the doshas. The three doshas, without which the study of Ayurveda is incomplete are Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. You will rarely find someone with any exclusive dosha. You can learn about these at the Ayurveda Center in Rishikesh.
- Vata Hair – It is very thin, in comparison to the other hair types. Sometimes, the hair may be a bit coarse and curly as well. You may feel it a bit of a challenge to style such kind of hairs.
- Pitta Hair – It is straight, soft, and of proper thickness. Moreover, it can be a bit fine.
- Kapha Hair – This type of hair is wavy, strong, lustrous, and thick.
Now, there might be imbalances, that can affect the quality of your hair.
- If you have excess Vata, the hair tends to be drier and frizzier. It can also lack lustre. Your hair may also grow slowly.
- In case of a Pitta imbalance, there may be premature baldness, thinning, and greying.
- Excess Kapha can lead to oiliness, and heaviness in the scalp all the time. It tends to draw a lot of dirt as well.
How To Have Beautiful Hair Through Ayurveda?
There are both internal as well as external treatments in Ayurveda. Topical hair applications, containing oils, herbal concoctions, and pastes can help you to flaunt great hair. Here are a few things, that should find you in good spirits.
- The hair and scalp can allow ingredients to penetrate through it.
- You can also access the Marma points, that are important in our astral or aural body.
- The oils which you apply or massage onto the scalp go deep within, and Ayurvedic oils can create a deep impact, not only on the head, but the entire body.
There are certain foods that will help you to maintain long and healthy hair. You can eat more sweet, juicy fruits for nourishments. Additionally, cooked greens can also provide a good amount of nutrients to the scalp. Bitter veggies also serve the purpose of nourishment. Turmeric, coriander, cumin, and fenugreek can lend a subtle taste and value to your food as well. If you use ghee or clarified butter to cook the foods, it can improve the quality of your fat cells and tissues. Thus, strengthening the bones. You should avoid over-processed and difficult to digest foods, as they can increase the quantity of ama. Excess ama in the fat, can lead to deterioration of the hair quality.
Now, we come to the external part. If you want good quality hair for the times to come, you must stay away from chemicals. So, stay away from excessive experimentation with shampoos. Avoid shampoos which have parabens and sulphates. Always massage the hair at least twice a week, with warm oil. If the hair is dry, it should be enough for nourishment. On the contrary, if you have oily hair, then you can oil your hair once. It will help in stimulating the scalp and hair. Organic herbs and fruits that can be applied as paste and concoctions to the hair and scalp include Amla, Brahmi, Reetha, Shikakai, and so on. You can also undergo such treatments at a Ayurvedic Clinic in Rishikesh.
Ayurveda and Nail Health
If there are imbalances in the bone tissues, then you will notice numerous patches, ridges, and spots on the nails. The health of nails is affected to a huge extent. Always, rethink your decision to ingest the good fats. In order to improve the quality of your nails, you can have more of ghee and olive oil. Always enjoy your fruits and vegetables, as they contain a good number of Vitamins and minerals.
You should also supplement your diet with herbs that support liver health. These herbs also assist in the absorption of any calcium from the food or supplements. Some of the supporting herbs and roots include that of Manjistha and Mulethi.
You should also include food like coconut milk, nuts, kale, spinach, asparagus, milk, and sesame seeds in your diet. Intake of Ashwagandha is also very beneficial for the nails. These foods and herbs mainly nourish the bones or Ashti Dhatu.
Here are a few remedies, that you can perform as well, to improve nail health.
- Massage Sesame seed oil on the nails, along with the hand and feet. It will help with proper blood circulation, along with strengthening of the nails.
- You can also massage coconut oil and olive oil on the nails.
- Mix lemon juice in the oils and increase the effectiveness of the treatments.
If you follow these on a regular basis, then you will definitely have healthy hair and nails in the times to come. Moreover, no one will be able to guess your age.