So, you have decided to join a yoga teacher’s training course. That is a great decision, as you are in for something, which will transform your life. You could just enrol in the course, for self-development or want to teach others. The level of learning that you would get at one of the best yoga TTC schools is way higher than a yoga class taken at a neighbourhood school. The Yoga Alliance certification makes it all the better. The yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh can be a life-changing experience for you. But, before you zero in on any of the yoga schools, you should read about the particular deliverables.
Expectations From the Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
- Stringent Yoga Schedule– The TTC usually comprises a month-long schedule. So, you have to be prepared and all geared up to attend the full-day classes. There is no such day as an off day. However, after enrolment, one fine day you might not feel like waking up. You might feel like lazing around, all day. For such moments, you should not let lethargy gulf you. Moreover, once you wake up, you will feel the laziness leaving your body. The Yoga Teacher Training In India can perk you up in no time. Once you head to the yoga class, you will find the laziness and lethargy vanishing away.
- You Can Develop Strength– When you attend the yoga teacher training class, you will feel that you are getting stronger day-by-day. Asana practice in a yoga ttc session, is far more hardcore, than you would generally do in a normal classroom. If you suddenly plunge into hard yoga poses, you will get cramps and might hurt yourself. But, nothing of that sort will happen, if you are already practicing on a daily basis. With eight-hour sessions, on a regular basis, you can expect to get fatigued, both mentally as well as physically.
- Meet New People– You may expect to meet new people. Yoga TTC is a learning experience, in which you will meet different people from new cultures. There will be people from all over the world, like the UK, USA, and Southeast Asia. It is a cultural melting pot of sorts. So, you can expect to have a good time. People from all walks of life, and various age groups head for yoga teacher training. You can expect to build your yoga network and community. Make great contacts with friends and family, out there.
- More than Asanas– When you head to Rishikesh to rev up your yoga practice, you will find that, it is more than just asanas. Yoga teacher training courses consist of kriyas, pranayama, meditation, bandhas, mudras, and much more. It is something that non-yoga people can never understand. Moreover, you will also learn about anatomy, physiology, and the history of yoga, in the yoga course. No matter, if it is a 200-hr, 300-hr, or 500-hour course, you will learn all of the above at different levels of complexity. Furthermore, there is some good news for you. You do not have to memorize everything. Just practice, the ones you can relate to.
- Prepare for Emotional Upheavals– This is something, that you need to be prepared with. Emotional upheavals will be there, as you get your chakras opened. It is especially more evident with Kundalini chakra. Many people experience a range of emotions. So, it will be wise for you to carry a lot of tissues. Then, there will be tiredness and a feeling of being overwhelmed. A journey of self-discovery and development can only take place, if you are ready to embrace all the feelings, that come with it.
- Study Theories– You should also make sure to get your foundation right. There is a lot of criticism, in this realm, regarding the foundation. If you do not build a strong foundation, you will never be able to move ahead in your yoga journey. In some of the modern classes, learners are embarking on a journey of yoga, in which they are learning things in fast-track mode. So, that does not seem to be useful for the development of the basics.
- Specific Styles for Different Learners – You will be amazed to know, that there are various styles of yoga, like Hatha yoga, Ashtanga yoga, Vinyasa yoga, and Kundalini yoga. So, you need to understand, which one is for you Beginners do well with Hatha yoga, as it helps them to strengthen the body. In the other yoga forms, you will find the pace to be quite faster than the normal yoga poses. You have to maintain a flow in Ashtanga-Vinyasa. So, beginners find it easy to maintain static poses, more than flowing ones.
- You May Not Be Ready for Class Yet – This can be frustrating, after you have put in all the hard work. But you have to accept the fact, that you have still a long way to go. You cannot start teaching immediately after completing the course. There are thousands of students in the market, who like you are doing the 200-hr, 300-hr or the 500-hour course. However, the competition is as stiff. So, you need to have plenty of practice, before people start developing conviction for you. You can always start small, with friends and family in confidence first. It will be very beneficial for you, in the long run.
The Yoga Teacher Training In India can be an amazing experience, if you know how to deal with it. Moreover, you will be entering a new realm, where there are lots of things to learn. It is not possible to learn everything in one day. You have to take it slowly, one at a time. It will help you to gain a foothold in the yoga industry. It is better to write down everything that you feel and think. Maintain a blog or journal for the same.
You should always understand a concept, before practicing it. Then only you can go ahead with this yoga trip.